4.1.13

buffet love

 I scored this awesome buffet table off of Craigslist a couple months ago. Craigslist had been pretty bare the last few months, but when I saw this beauty for only $40 I sent Jed straight over to pick it up.

It had really think layers of paint and even after sanding it down we never found the true wood grain. I chose a bolder Coral color by Valspar and antique rusted knobs from Hobby Lobby.

 
Aren't these legs awesome?
We weren't quite finished with this when my sister, mom, and I decided to do our first craft fair. We decided the buffet was a great addition to our booth so I had Jed and my dad haul it over and we used it to display some of our products.

At the craft fair I met such a nice lady selling Rice Doll's from Belize. I ended up buying two doll's and she ended up buying my buffet table. She had to convince her husband a little because the color was a little 'girly' in his mind. But in the end she went home happy with a new piece of furniture and I went home with a little more cash.

I really didn't think that it would sell at the craft fair so I didn't take any pictures of it before we left. Which kinda annoys me because now I only have these grainy cell phone snapshots that my sister and I took. 
buffet: $40 (Craigslist)
paint/primer: $16(Valspar via Lowes)
wood filler: on hand
knobs: $21 via Hobby Lobby
total: $77

2 notes:

Deb Hrabik said...

What a great color! Your vision for the buffet is so fun. Glad it sold for you. Keep up the great work.
You and Jed are so cute,
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Jordan said...

You're amazing at what you do! It's too bad you have to live so far away. Our garage is big enough for multiple projects at once!

Post a Comment