4.6.12

buffet love

Remember that piece of junk that I bought a couple of weeks ago during my lunch break? Well it wasn't really junk and I fell in love with it almost instantly. I put Jed to work on it and I have to admit that he did most ALL of the work on this project. 

He first wood puttied some major scratches and holes. Then gave the whole buffet a good sanding, especially the top. We decided to re-stain the top and then paint the body ivory. 

We originally had planned to resale it, but like most things I buy I decided to keep it. We sold our old entertainment center and now this one is sitting happily in my living room.  

BEFORE
AFTER
buffet: $50 (ACE Furniture)
paint/primer: on hand
stain: on hand
total: $50
LINKED:
M.M.M. Day + craft
the cure for the common mondays + lines across my face 

more the merrier mondays + diy home sweet home project  
craft and tell + cherished bliss
show me what ya got + not just a house wife 

take-a-look tuesday + sugar bee crafts 

the kurtz corner

made with love + sew chatty

ta-da tuesdays + mommy by day crafter by night 

get your craft on + todays creative blog 
 

8 notes:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous!

Ryan & Courtney said...

Oh my I love this! And your house looks sooo adorable!!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Amazing! What a huge difference. I love that you left the top natural wood. It turned out so beautifully!

Whitney said...

You're amazing Peggy!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

That's one lovely looking piece of furniture :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Liz Marie said...

You are featured over on lizmarieblog.com! Thank you so much for linking up at the linky party!! http://www.lizmarieblog.com/2012/06/link-up-with-me-liz-marie-5/

liz marie
lizmarieblog.com

Nancy@owensolivia said...

For real! You should open a store front. You have amazing skills.

Jen said...

This looks amazing!!

Post a Comment